HMRC know that most Small & Medium Enterprises want to get things right but may need help to do so. They particularly want to help customers as they face key business life events, including starting in business, taking on an employee, registering for VAT, importing/ exporting and incorporation. To aid this they have a Partner Service which offers:
- Webinars – These are tailored online presentations for your members that can be run weekly/ monthly/ quarterly, depending on the numbers attending, as part of a regular programme or as ‘pick and mix days’, if you’re running an event over a day. You can choose the subject(s) from qn extensive menu of options and, as they’re live, your customers can interact with HMRC and ask questions.
- Regular and varied communications – These will include;
- Key Messages which feature important and widespread information from across HMRC.
- Information emails, these link to help and support for a particular or timely theme, for example Self Assessment or the Budget, or to new or topical services and products.
Our education products include:
- An e-learning package for customers to work through. This covers all aspects of starting and growing a business and the package can be tailored to specific trades/professions. Thousands of businesses have already used these and found they’re a great way of learning.
- A range of webinars. These enable customers to attend a seminar at a time to suit them. There are both live and pre-recorded webinars covering a range of topics.
- A selection of short videos on YouTube covering subjects such as Registering as Self-Employed, PAYE, Record Keeping and Construction Industry. These are a really useful way to get a quick overview on various subjects.
- Business help and education emails is a free service to provide customers with emails from HMRC that are tailored to their needs. They are designed to help customers understand what they need to do and how to get it right first time.
- Record keeping for mobile devices will enable customers to access apps to help make life a little easier for busy people on the go. A ready reckoner is also available to help customers budget for their first tax bill and our tax help fact sheets are a good source of straightforward guidance that customers can download from our website.
- @HMRCBusiness is a Twitter account designed to provide help to business. The account tweets about educational products, upcoming tax matters and online guidance. Followers can also ask general queries via twitter, but the page cannot discuss any individual’s specific tax issues or personal circumstances.