Is a home based service for children with additional needs. On the Isles of Scilly a member of the Children’s Services team is a trained Portage worker and following a referral is able to work closely with the parents/carers and the child to provide practical home sessions, where specific agreed targets are worked towards.
- The service is home based and family focussed
- It identifies realistic targets for individual child
- It aims to work in partnership with parents
- Regular reviews of child’s progress and developments
- Links with childcare providers that child attends or is going to attend
- Forms part of the Early Support programme
For further information about the Portage service please contact Children’s Services on 01720 424 022 or email@example.com.