As a member of the Infrastructure and Planning business unit, this post will support the cost effective, robust and customer focused delivery managing and maintaining Council assets and infrastructure.
The successful post holder will be responsible for undertaking a specific trade(s) to contribute towards the effective and efficient delivery of managing, maintaining and repairing Council infrastructure (including highways, open spaces/public realm and sewerage systems) and assets (including the airport, corporate property and the housing stock).
These are the types of skills we are looking for in someone to join our small efficient team who between them ensure that public services are delivered effectively.
For an informal discussion please telephone Eddie Williams on 07778041281 or email email@example.com
We recognise the importance of investing in our staff, and below is a list of some of the benefits of working for the Council of the Isles of Scilly
· A competitive salary (we pay a minimum of the National Living Wage rate)
· Learning and development opportunities, with support and financial assistance
· A defined benefit pension scheme, based on your career average earnings
· Childcare Voucher Scheme
· Cycle 2 Work scheme
· Starting annual leave allowance of 24 days per year (pro rata) plus bank holidays
· Eye care voucher scheme
· Payment of relevant professional fees
· A generous relocation package for eligible candidates
· Family friendly leave, pay and working arrangements
· A free confidential and impartial counselling service
Please submit completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or
Council of the Isles of Scilly
Isles of Scilly
Please note that canvassing of Members or Officers will disqualify you from consideration
If you require this application pack in an alternative language, in larger text, Braille, easy read or in an audio format, please email email@example.com or telephone 01720 424000