To be read in conjunction with the Course Information Sheet prior to enrolment.
All courses need a minimum number of participants to run. If you are interested in a course, contact the Learn Scilly office. You will be added to a waiting list and contacted as soon as there are enough learners to run the course.
Places on courses cannot be confirmed until we have received your completed enrolment form and your payment, or confirmation from your employer agreeing that they will pay the course fee in full.
Payment can be by:
- cheque (made payable to ‘The Council of the Isles of Scilly’)
- debit or credit card
- The Learn Scilly Centre
- The One Stop Shop
We can also invoice your employer if we receive confirmation agreeing that they will pay the course fee in full.
Learners may be eligible for fee remission if they are in receipt of any of the following state benefits:
- Employment and Support Allowance (WRAG)
- Jobseekers’ Allowance
- Income Support
- Council Tax Benefit
- Housing Benefit
- Working Tax Credit with household income less than £15,276
- Pension Guarantee Credit
- Carers Allowance
Lifelong Learning will pay the price of a scheduled ticket for off island learners to access courses on St Mary’s. Please contact us to arrange.
If you have any additional support needs please contact us to discuss.
Arrive for your class in good time to avoid delays in starting the class and disruption for your fellow learners. If you are unable to attend a class, for any reason, please ensure that your course tutor is made aware of this in advance.
Refunds and cancellations
- A full refund will be made when a course does not start and is cancelled by the service.
- Where you cancel your place on the course more than 7 days prior to the start of the course a full refund will be given less a £5 administration charge.
- Where you cancel your place on the course less than 7 days prior to the start of the course 50% of the course fees will be refunded in vouchers less a £5 administration charge.
- Where you are unable to attend a class due to weather issues vouchers will be given instead of refund.
- Once a course has started no refund will be given.
- Where you are unable to attend on medical grounds a pro-rata refund may be given. Evidence i.e. a doctor’s certificate/letter must be provided.
All refunds must be applied for either by email or in writing. Exceptions may be made in exceptional circumstances at the discretion of the Lifelong Learning Manager.
If a class has to be cancelled due to tutor illness, adverse weather conditions or similar, we will contact you as soon as possible. To assist us in contacting you, please make sure we have accurate information regarding telephone numbers, and inform us immediately if you have moved or changed your number. Please check your answer phone messages before leaving for a class.