Children’s Services work very closely with local childcare providers. All our providers are registered with OFSTED and most also offer free early education options. There are currently 4 registered Childminders who work from their own homes, one day care setting and the Five Islands School Nursery Class, all based on St Mary’s.
Childcare providers work to the Early Years Foundation Stage guidance and are regularly inspected by OFSTED to ensure they offer a high quality service. All 2,3 and 4 year are entitled to receive some free nursery education sessions although the amount offered can vary.
Childcare providers have a responsibility to:
- Work closely with parents/carers
- Observe, assess and record children’s individual progress and development
- Provide appropriate play, activities and the learning environment
- Communicate with other professionals supporting individual children
- Attend or submit reports for Team Around the Child Meetings
- Seek further support, advice and/or guidance if they have concerns about an individual child’s development