Community Safety in Your Area

Community Safety in your Area

Safer Scilly - The Isles of Scilly Community Safety Partnership is a statutory partnership of public, voluntary, community and private organisations who come together to do all that they can to make the Isles of Scilly Safer. We provide a coordinated response to community safety issues, drawing together all those organisations and people that can make a difference.

Worried about a Child? Worried about an adult? Domestic Abuse & Sexual Violence
Safer Futures Devon & Cornwall SARC Report Anti-Social Behaviour
Report Noise Nuisance Licensing Complaint Rough Sleeping
Report a Crime Littering, Graffiti & Dog Fouling Report a Hate Crime
  We Are with You  


Worried about a child?

Whether you are a member of the public or a professional, if you have a concern about a child or young person please contact Children’s Social Care:

Telephone: 01720 424 483

Out of Hours: 01720 422 699


You can make an anonymous referral to children’s Social Care, if you would prefer to call the NSPCC on 0808 800 5000.

If you are unable to speak to speak to someone and you have immediate concerns for a child, dial 999 and ask for the police


Worried about an adult?

Everyone has the right to live their life free from violence, fear and abuse, but not everyone can protect themselves. If you’re an adult experiencing abuse or neglect, or if you’re concerned about an adult possibly experiencing abuse or neglect, contact us on:

Telephone: 0300 1234 105

Out of Hours: 01720 423 643

In an emergency always dial 999




Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence

Anyone can experience domestic abuse or sexual violence – it affects people of all ages, regardless of gender, sexuality, ethnicity and background. There are specialist services available to support you.

If you or anyone else is in danger, please all the police on 999 immediately. If you ring 999 but can’t talk, make sure the police know you are there by coughing or tapping the handset, or by dialling 55.

In a non-emergency please call 101

You can also text 67101 

If you are deaf, hard of hearing or have any speech impairment, in an emergency please dial Minicom/Textphone 18001. If it’s not an emergency, dial 18001 101.


What is domestic abuse?

Domestic abuse is defined as controlling, coercive or threatening behaviour, violence or abuse. Our services are delivered to children and young people who are, or have been, intimate partners or are family members. It can take many forms and includes psychological, physical sexual, financial and emotional abuse, stalking, so-called ‘honour’ – based abuse, forced marriage and the illegal practice of Female Genital Mutilation.


Sexual violence and abuse

Sexual violence and abuse is a broad term describing all sexual offences against adults and children. It occurs when the person is forced, coerced or deceived into sexual acts against their will or without their consent. Sexual violence and abuse can happen to anyone in our community. It does not have to be a single act but can occur as part of a continuum of attitudes and actions.



Safer Futures provides support, safety planning, advice, therapy and recovery in domestic abuse and sexual violence.  We can help if you have experienced sexual assault, abuse or rape and need support in your recovery. Services are provided to women, men, young people and children and can be both face to face and online. Referrals can be made by a professional or you can self-refer



If you or someone you know has been raped or sexually assaulted 0300 303 4626


Devon & Cornwall SARC

The Devon and Cornwall Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) provides safety, support, forensic medical facilities and assessments, sexual health advice and counselling to women, men, young people and children.

If you think you or someone you know is experiencing domestic abuse call 0300 777 4777


Report Anti-Social Behaviour

Anti-social behaviour covers a wide range of acts that can include verbal abuse, vandalism, joyriding, noise nuisance, criminal damage, throwing missiles, underage drinking, engaging in threatening behaviour in groups or harassment of residents or passers-by.

To report incidents of anti-social behaviour, visit where you can access the police’s online contact methods – WebChat and Crime Reporting Form.  These are available to use 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If it’s not an emergency, you can also report it to the police using 101.

Telephone: 101

In an emergency always call 999


Report Noise Nuisance

Neighbour noise (e.g., loud music, barking dogs) can constitute a statutory nuisance if this causes an unreasonable interference to the use and enjoyment of your home, or if its prejudicial to health. Visit for further details, including how to make a complaint to the Environmental Health team. Please contact the council directly:

Telephone: 0300 1234 105


The Environment Health department are available to respond to enquiries during standard working hours 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. We do not provide an out of hour service, other than by prior arrangement for existing cases.  


Licensing Complaint

To find out more about alcohol and entertainment licenses or report a licensing complaint please contact:

Telephone: 0300 1234 105



Rough Sleeping

If you are sleeping rough and need help, contact the Council’s Housing Department on

Telephone: 0300 1234 105


Or drop into one of the Customer Hub Locations (St Mary’s Library or Carn Gwaval Wellbeing Centre)

If you are concerned for the wellbeing of a potential rough sleeper please contact the police on 101 or if it, they need urgent medical assistance call 999


Report a Crime

Call 999 if you or someone else is in immediate danger, or if the crime is happening right now.

To report non-emergency crime or queries visit where you can access the police’s online contact methods – WebChat and Crime Reporting Form. These are available to use 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

If it’s not an emergency, you can also report it to the police using 101.

Telephone: 101

If you are unsure which service, you need AskNED the online non-emergency directory can help.

Visit enter your question, select your location and AskNED will provide you with the answer.

Remember, in an emergency always call 999.

If you have information about a crime you can also contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111


Littering, Graffiti, and Dog Fouling


If you discover fly tipping or littering, please contact

Graffiti & Abandoned Items

To report graffiti or abandoned items on Council land or the highway please report to

Dog Fouling

When it comes to dog waste, any bin will do, this can go into any of our general waste bins or be taken home and disposed of with your ‘black bag’ waste.

You can report cases of dog fouling to our environmental health team via our website.


Report Hate Crime

Hate crime is the term used to describe an incident or crime against someone because of hostility or prejudice towards their disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief (which includes non-belief), sexual orientation and gender identity. It’s important to report it so that the police can take action.

If you or someone else is in danger, injured or offenders are nearby, ring 999

In a non-emergency please call 101

You can also text 67101 

If you are deaf, hard of hearing or have any speech impairment, in an emergency dial Minicom/Textphone 18001. If it’s not an emergency dial 18001 101

For more ways to report hate crime go to or


We Are with You

We are with you (formerly Addaction) supports adults, children, young adults and older people to make positive behavioural changes. Whether that’s with alcohol, drugs, or mental health and wellbeing, we’re here to help people improve their lives in ways they never thought possible.


If you or someone you know needs help or support with alcohol or drug issues call 01872 300 816