Coronavirus (COVID-19): what you need to know
The Council of the Isles of Scilly and Public Health Cornwall are working together to keep Scilly safe. Please take a few moments to read the information and download the resources available below.
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This information has been updated as of 30th July 2020.
Local Outbreak Management Plan
- The Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Local Outbreak Management Plan was published on 30 June 2020
- The Director of Public Health for Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly has developed the plan to set out how organisations will contain and reduce cases of COVID-19 and safeguard the health of residents
- The plan was developed in cooperation with other Local Authorities in the South West to make sure it meets the needs of Isles of Scilly residents, but also fits in with the work of neighbouring authorities
Accessing a test on the Isles of Scilly
· We have commissioned an enhanced community testing process bespoke to the Isles of Scilly which feeds into all the national systems
· To access a test, please call our Testing Helpline on 01626 204950.
· The helpline is open every day Monday to Sunday 8am to 5pm
· Please read our Testing FAQ sheet for important information when requesting a test.
· A Testing poster is available to download
· Please ensure you self isolate whilst waiting for your test results. If you need medical advice while you wait, please contact your home GP or call 111
Information for residents
· Further information is available for Isles of Scilly residents here
Information for visitors
- When planning a holiday to the Isles of Scilly, please make sure you travel by private transport on your mainland leg of the journey, avoiding public transport. If you need to be evacuated, you will not be able to return home on public transport from Penzance.
- Before you come, please make sure you read our Visitor FAQ Sheet
- The Council of the Isles of Scilly, Tresco Estate and the Isles of Scilly Steamship Company have established an Evacuation Service to provide reassurance to visitors to the Isles of Scilly if they develop Coronavirus during their holiday.
- The Service has been endorsed by Public Health Cornwall
- Further information on our Evacuation Service is available here
Information for accommodation providers
- Further information is available for accommodation providers here
- A Visitor Information Poster can be downloaded here and personalised with your holiday accommodation address
Information for hospitality providers
- Further information is available for hospitality providers here