[UPDATE - 19 November]: please note, we're receiving a high volume of calls and each call takes some time to complete. It will help us to process your application quickly if you have the following information to hand
- Business rate account reference number
- VAT or Self Assessment/Partnership Number or Company Reference Number (CRN)
- Bank details
We understand that there have been concerns throughout the pandemic about scam calls and emails. If you receive a call that you're unsure about, or you believe may be a scam, you do not have to give out any personal information there and then. We are more than happy for you to phone the Revenues and Benefits team back on 0300 1234 105 (option 1, followed by option 1 again).
Businesses required to close in England due to local or national restrictions will be eligible for the Local Restrictions Support Grant:
- For properties with a rateable value of £15k or under, grants to be £1,334 per month, or £667 per two weeks
- For properties with a rateable value of between £15k-£51k grants to be £2,000 per month, or £1,000 per two weeks
- For properties with a rateable value of £51k or over grants to be £3,000 per month, or £1,500 per two weeks
Your business may be eligible if all of the following apply:
- it occupies property on which it pays business rates;
- it was trading as normal on 4th November 2020;
- it has been required to close for at least 3 weeks because of the lockdown;
- and it has been unable to provide its usual in-person customer service from its premises.
Businesses will not be eligible if any of the following apply:
- they can continue to trade because they do not depend on direct in person services and can operate remotely will not be eligible.
- they have chosen to close but are not required to.
- they have already received maximum levels of state aid.
- they are in administration, or are insolvent.
Full details can be found here
Business Rate payees required to close as a result of the lockdown will be contacted within the next week by colleagues from Cornwall Council to confirm their eligibility and State Aid position. If you believe you are eligible and have not been contacted by Monday 23rd November please contact the Revenues and Benefits Team on 0300 1234 105 (option 1 followed by option 1 again).
Additionally, businesses forced to close as a result of the lockdown who do not pay business rates may be eligible for funding at the discretion of the Council. Further application details to follow.
Please note eligibility checks will be made and fraudulent claims prosecuted.