Private Water Supply Registration Questionnaire

Local Authorities are required to keep records of all the private water supplies in their area and to send information about these supplies to the Drinking Water Inspectorate annually. 

A private water supply is defined as one which is not provided by a water company (such as South West Water). The vast majority of dwellings and businesses on St Mary’s, Tresco and Bryher are provided by South West Water. However, there remain private water supplies, sourced from boreholes and wells, across all the islands.

If you have reason to believe that your water originates from a private water supply (i.e. you are not supplied by South West Water), please download the Private Water Supply Registration Questionnaire, which can be found at the following link:  

Please return the completed questionnaire, either:

You can also use this questionnaire at any time to tell us about a new water supply, or provide us with new information about an existing supply, such as a change of use or new contact details. 

If you have any questions about this, please do not hesitate to contact the team at 

Publishing date: 
Thursday, 26 November, 2020