To minimise nuisance issues on some of the busiest beaches on St Mary’s, the usual local area restrictions for dogs will be in place between 1 May and 30 September 2022.
A Public Spaces Protection Order was put into place in July 2020. This order makes it an offence to permit a dog to enter exclusion zones in designated areas.
From 1 May until 30 September 2022, the following places will be off limits to dogs:
- Porthcressa Beach (not including Little Porth)
- Porthmellon Beach
- Old Town Beach (between 9am and 7pm)
The following locations are also dog exclusion areas all year round:
- Five Islands Academy Multi Use Games Area (MUGA), Playing Field, and Old Town Skatepark
- Garrison Playing Field and Garrison Enclosed Children’s Play Area
- Porthcressa Enclosed Children’s Play Area
You can read the full Public Spaces Protection Order (PSPO) 2020: Dog control on the Isles of Scilly on our website. A review of how the order can better meet the needs of our community will be undertaken before its 2023 renewal date. We recently encouraged our community to help inform this review and focus our resources more effectively by reporting dog fouling and dog control incidents.
If you have any questions about the PSPO, or would like to report a dog fouling or dog control breach, please do not hesitate to contact the Environmental Health team by emailing email@example.com or calling 0300 1234 105 (option 5).