If you have tested positive for COVID-19 or have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive, you may be entitled to a Test and Trace Support Payment of £500.
This is for residents on lower incomes who cannot work from home and have lost income as a result. Self-isolation is a legal duty for all those who test positive for coronavirus or are identified by NHS Test and Trace as a close contact.
When should I make an application?
Applications must be made:
- during your period of self-isolation
- or within 14 days of your self-isolation period coming to an end. Applications made after this date will not be considered.
Please check you are eligible before making your application
You are eligible if:
- you have tested positive for coronavirus
- or have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive;
- and been told to stay at home and self-isolate on or after 28 September 2020 by NHS Test and Trace
You must be:
- or self-employed
and be unable to work from home and losing income as a result
You will also need to be receiving one of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit
- Income related Employment Support Allowance
- Working Tax Credit
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income Support
- Pension Credit
- or Housing Benefit
If you are confident you are eligible and have your 8 digit Test and Trace reference number please call the number below: