Please do not visit the site if you have any symptoms of Coronavirus or are following a period of isolation.
The Porthmellon Waste & Recycling Centre allows householders on St Mary's to dispose of their household waste & recycling that cannot be collected at the kerbside.
Tuesday's and Thursday's from 13.00-16.45.
How do I access the site?
You will need to first book a slot by either emailing email@example.com or calling 01720 424400. Spaces are limited to enable us to operate safely, please allow at least a week’s notice before your booking. We will need the following information in order to confirm your visit:
- Your name
- A description of what you will be disposing e.g. garden waste, electrical items, cardboard
- The address of where your waste originates
- A contact number
- Payment for any household items that incur a disposal charge – for more information please see our fees and charges
You can only access the site once you have a confirmed visiting slot. This also applies to pedestrians who may wish to visit the site.
If you instruct a third-party haulier to bring waste or recycling to the site on your behalf, commercial waste fees and charges will apply.
What materials are accepted?
The following materials are accepted free of charge for householders, without restrictions, unless a third party haulier is used:
All materials listed below must be separated from each other in order to be recycled/disposed of safely before you visit the site.
- residual 'black bag' waste (in black sacks)
- dry mixed recycling (in blue sacks)
- green garden waste
- electrical items (small and large e.g TVs, washing machines, kettles, irons, toasters)
- bulky waste items (e.g mattresses, furniture)
- household batteries
- household & garden chemicals
- paint (only hardened off water-based paint)
The following materials are accepted with charges, and visits are limited to 6 times a year.
Please ensure all material is separated to ensure they are disposed of safely and correctly before you visit the site.
- Extra-ordinary household DIY waste
- Bonded asbestos*
- Car, motorbike, golf buggy tyres
Please find details on our fees and charges page.
* restrictions apply for the disposal of this hazardous material. All bonded asbestos must be doubled bagged and prior arrangement must be made before bringing to site. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.