Privacy Notice Waste & Recycling

·                 The Data Controller for the information you provide on any Waste &Recycling service form, is Cornwall Council, New County Hall, Treyew Road, Truro TR1 3AY.  Data Protection Registration Number: Z1745294

·                 Information you provide on any Waste & Recycling Service form is private and confidential, and will be used so that we can:

o   Provide the service that you have requested, at the correct address

o   Ensure that we take  the correct payment (if applicable)

o   Notify you if we need to renew your subscription to the service (if applicable)

o   Contact you in case of another query or an issue concerning the service you have requested.

·         Forms will be held securely at our premises and/or on our electronic network for a period of up to 12 months after completion. Information will not be transferred outside of the EEA or used for marketing purposes. We will not share information with any other organization unless required to do so by law.

·         Under GDPR and the DPA 2018 you have the right to:
 - access information that we hold about you or have it rectified if it’s inaccurate or incomplete (but you will need to provide evidence before we can do so)
- have your information erased where we don’t have a legal requirement to retain
- withdraw your consent for us to hold your information
- restrict how we process your information, e.g. object to us using your information for marketing or research purposes or in relation to a legal task or in the exercise of an official authority
- request that a person reviews an automated decision where it has had an adverse effect on you
If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact the Data Protection Officer (Cornwall Council, County Hall, Treyew , Truro, TR1 3AY Tel: 01872 326424 Email: ) and request a ‘Rights of Access, Rectification and Erasure Request’ form.

·         If you choose not to provide the personal information we have asked for, we will be unable to provide the service requested.

·         Please refer any complaints to us initially so we can try to put things right. However, if you are unhappy with the way we have processed your information or how we have responded to your request to exercise any of your data rights, you can raise your concerns with the Information Commissioner’s Office Tel: 0303 123 1113