Commercial Vehicle Permits

Commercial Vehicle Permits are required for the disposal of all commercial waste and recycling at the Porthmellon Waste and Recycling Centre. However, before you can apply for a permit from the Council you will be required to be a licensed waste haulier with the Environment Agency. Permits supplied by the Council are detailed below.

If you are not a licenced waste haulier you are able to apply via the online link shown below, this should take no more than fifteen minutes.

Please see the schedule here to see which types of vehicles need a permit. A permit will be required for commercial type vehicles (those designed to carry goods).

Any vehicle which requires a permit will not be allowed on site with a trailer of any size. Trailers whose internal dimensions have been adapted will be measured according to their original internal length.

How do I Obtain a Permit or Renew an Existing Permit?

A Commercial Vehicle Permit application can be obtained from the Customer Hub points located at Carn Gwaval Wellbeing Centre and St Mary’s Library. You can also apply by downloading an application form. These must be completed and passed back to the Infrastructure Department located at the Town Hall, or emailed to us via

What is the Cost for a Commercial Permit?

We offer three types of Commercial Vehicle Permits. Our fees and charges can be found here. Payment can be made at one of our Customer Hub points (Carn Gwaval Wellbeing Centre or St Mary’s Library), over the phone on 0300 1234 105.