Help in your home

Help in your home

If you are having problems moving around safely, even with help of equipment, you may need help from a care worker. In order to work out just how much help is needed to make life easier for you, we do need to carry out an assessment. 

After the assessment we will identify and agree your needs with you and discuss the help and support available to meet them, according to the seriousness of your situation. We are aiming to work with you to improve your independence by considering a number of options with you. This may include assessing you for equipment needs and a Reablement programme to encourage you to do more for yourself at home. If it is agreed that you are eligible for and require longer term support we will help you create a plan using Self Directed Support

How much does it cost?

There may be some cost but the actual amount you pay will depend on your financial circumstances.

Can I get help with the cost?

It is possible. We will help you fill out a financial assessment form to see if you qualify for financial help.   

We can provide or arrange services for you but there are other ways of getting the support you need. You can have your personal budget as a direct payment so you can use the money that you receive to arrange your own support, or you can have a mixture of the two.


To find out more about our disabled facilities grant and if you might be eligible, please see our Disabled Facilities page