The Council of the Isles of Scilly is looking for a Provider or Providers to be appointed for the supply of the waste haulage services, as specified in the Council's Contract Notice Reference Number: CIoS220914
The Council is seeking contractor/s to deliver a 4-year service for the haulage of waste and recycling in specified containers from Porthmellon Waste Management Site on St Mary's to a waste collection vehicle at Penzance Port, and the return of empty containers to ensure a continuous service.
It is estimated that there will be approximately 4336 tonnes of total waste and recycling (separated into 6 fractions) over a 4 year period;
1. 14 yd closed skips (blended black bag and residual waste)
2. 14 yd compactor skips (tyres)
3. 8 yd open skips (scrap metal)
4. 8 yd enclosed skips (flat glass, plasterboard & asbestos)
5. Caged IBC (cooking/vegetable oil for recycling)
6. Baled, wrapped and palletised (dry mixed / dry segregated recycling)
7. Food waste (containers TBC)
There is scope for the waste and recycling container specifications to change over time in line with changes to requirements of the mainland waste contractor. Any changes will be addressed in regular contract management meetings and solutions agreed.