Personal Licence

You are not required to have a Personal Licence to be employed in a pub or other business that sells alcohol. However, premises licensed to sell alcohol must have a designated premises supervisor who does hold a Personal Licence.

In order to obtain a Personal Licence applicants must be over 18 years of age and will need the following:

  • Personal Licence application form – which you can download here.

  • A licensing qualification certificate, for example, a British Institute of Innkeeping Level II examination certificate or a similar accredited qualification.

  • A signed basic criminal conviction disclosure form, which you can download here.

  • A Basic Disclosure Certificate. This can be obtained online from Disclosure Scotland at a cost of £25

  • Two passport-size photos signed by a professional to prove the identity of the applicant - click here to see a list of who can sign (I hereby certify this as a true likeness of (applicants name) -  Professionals name / Date / Job title).

  • Application fee - £37

Send all documentation to:

The Licensing Officer
Town Hall
St Mary's
Isles of Scilly
TR21 0LW

More guidance notes on applying for a Personal Licence can be found here.