House to House Collections

To collect money or other goods, such as clothes and bric-a-brac that you plan to sell at a later date, for charity by going from house to house (including public houses and places of business), you will need a house to house collections permit. You must apply if you are a small charity or a local group such as the scouts or girl guides. Some charities have a Cabinet Office exemption under the National Exemption Order Scheme and do not require a permit.

There is no charge for a house to house collection permit but you must apply 20 working days before you plan to start collecting and send us a completed statement of account return within one month of the collection taking place.