Updated 9 March 2022
COVID-19 funding for businesses
Omicron Additional Restrictions Grants (ARG)
On 21 December 2021, the Chancellor announced new COVID-19 funding for businesses impacted by the Omicron variant:
- Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant. For hospitality, leisure and accommodation businesses that are on the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) ratings list
- Omicron Additional Restrictions Grant Top-up payment. A top-up payment to the ARG funding for Local Authorities to be used to support businesses that don’t qualify for OHLG but have been adversely affected by the Omicron variant
Omicron ARG Top-up payment
The Council has received a total allocation of £8054 for the discretionary Omicron ARG. Due to the relatively small amount that has been allocated, applications to the scheme will be capped at £500.
Applications for the discretionary Omicron additional Restrictions Grant have now closed.
Local Authorities are encouraged to support businesses from all sectors that may have been severely impacted by restrictions, or by the Omicron variant, including those outside of the business rates system.
These may include, but are not limited to:
- personal care
- the travel and tourism sector
- events industries
- freelance and mobile businesses (including caterers, events, hair, beauty and wedding related businesses)
- and other businesses that may have not received other grant funding.
You cannot get funding if:
- your business is not active
- your business is in administration, insolvent or has been struck off the Companies House register
- your business has exceeded the permitted subsidy allowance
For further queries
For queries relating to the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant call 0300 1234 105
For queries relating to the discretionary Additional Restrictions Grant please email: LADGF@scilly.gov.uk
Further support and advice for businesses
The government has issued comprehensive guidance and advice relating to the support available for businesses during the pandemic.
Businesses can access further support regarding eligibility and interpretation of the guidance from the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Growth and Skills Hub.