Public Health team
The Council’s public health function is delivered by a team based at Cornwall Council and led by our Director of Public Health, Rachel Wigglesworth. This team plays a lead role in dealing with outbreaks of infectious diseases, including the current coronavirus pandemic.
The Cornwall and Isles of Scilly public health team work closely with the national body, Public Health England.
Local Incident Response Team (LIRT)
The Local Incident Response Team responds to any possible case of COVID-19 on the Isles of Scilly. This includes ensuring anyone who needs a test can get tested and providing support to those who need to self-isolate (e.g. by helping them to access supplies). The LIRT also works closely with Public Health England to ensure there is a robust outbreak response if needed. The Isles of Scilly LIRT is led by Whitney Curry, Advanced Public Health Practitioner.
The LIRT will only contact you for the following reasons:
- You asked us to
- You requested a test
- To let you know of your test results
- If you have a positive test result even if we have not done your test
- To support you with food and supplies if you are self-isolating
- If you are a visitor to the islands, to discuss getting you home safely if you test positive or have informed us you are a Test & Trace contact
- If you are a business owner, to discuss any possible outbreaks in your business and support you.
You can find out more about accessing a test on the islands here.
If you are worried or want support with self-isolating, or you are unsure whether you need to self-isolate, you can contact the LIRT via email@example.com – we’re here to help.