The Local Plan is the statutory development plan for the Isles of Scilly and forms the basis for decisions on land use planning. You can read the Local Plan and the associated policy maps at the following links:
The Local Plan is also available to download in smaller sections (PDF) as follows:
- Spatial Portrait
- Key Issues and Challenges
- Spatial Vision and Strategy
- Promoting a Sustainable Scilly - Policies SS1 - SS10
- Our Outstanding Environment - Policies OE1 - OE7
- Building a Strong Living Community - Policies LC1 - LC9
- Building a Strong Working Community - Policies WC1 - WC5
- Policies Map Isles of Scilly
- Policies Map St Mary's
- Policies Map - St Martins
- Policies Map - St Agnes
- Policies Map - Bryher
- Policies Map - Tresco
The Authority received the Inspector's Report on 23rd February 2021. The report concluded that the Local Plan was 'sound' subject to a number of Main Modifications suggested by the Authority. It also set out the Inspector's findings on matters which were discussed during the examination hearing sessions held in January 2020.
Inspector's Report (including the schedule of main modifications).
Following receipt of the Inspector's Report the Authority formally adopted the Local Plan on 25th March 2021.
- Sustainability Appraisal - Scoping Report, Public Consultation - OCT-NOV 2015
- Regulation 18 - Local Plan Review, Public Consultation -JUN-JUL 2015
- Regulation 18 - Draft Local Plan, Public Consultation - MAR-MAY 2018
- Regulation 19 - Pre-Submission Draft Local Plan, Public Consultation - FEB-APR 2019
- Regulation 19 - Submission Draft Local Plan, Public Consultation - AUG-SEPT 2019
- SUBMISSION & EXAMINATION OF THE LOCAL PLAN January 2020